Friday, July 08, 2005

On the road - Vacation 2005

6/18 – Saturday, up with the chickens … pack the car … head west. You can follow our track on http://maps.google.com
We followed US 287 from Ft Worth. (type in “us 287, fort worth, tx to Amarillo, tx”). Pretty uneventful. We planned to take I-40 west from AMA to Santa Rosa and US 84 N to I-25. When we got to the middle of AMA, I-40 was blocked solid. We exited on US 287 N to Amarillo Blvd. We went west to Boys’ Ranch Road (Texas 1061). Thru Dalhart … thru Texline. ! The famous sign is missing !
http://www.cs.unca.edu/~boyd/touring/tour2000/day21/NMV.jpg
… the road is all torn up. I hope they replace the sign. West thru Clayton to Raton where we pick up I-25. We called (nephew) Charlie from Raton to arrange dinner in Colorado Springs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chronology of the entries is not clear. All I see is that you made most of the entries late in the evening -- no dates.

Some interesting pics... Nita is looking well.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bill,

The math is way over my head, but the photos are wonderful!

Laura

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home